A stitch on lip not fallen out, scar red and inflamed, burning sensation. What's going on ?

Hi. I had seven stitches in my lip almost a year ago. I had all the stitches removed except one that he said should fall out on its own three months later. It has almost been a year now and the past month my scar has gotten red and inflamed. It has a burning sensation and tingles. It used to not be very noticeable and now it is. It s very uncomfortable and not very pleasing to look at. I was wondering what you think might be going on? Can a scar get infected that is that old? I m also starting to feel slightly sick the past few days.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013