A small white round worm-like growth at butt cheek. No pain, no redness. What it could be?

Husband has a small white round worm-like growth at the top of his butt cheek. There is no pain, no redness, just a lot of discomfort. It came up overnite and this morning it partially broke with releasing of blood and white pus. When I looked at it, it appeared just like a "worm" with what looked like a tiny tail coming out of the center of this growth. Do you have any idea what it could be? I suggested he go to see a doctor immediately.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013