A slight lump has developed on the muscle to the left of my shin on the side of my lower leg. Any idea what it could be ?

Hi i think i banged my left shin about 4 - 5 weeks ago, It is not bruised now, but since then a slight lump has developed on the muscle to the left of my shin on the side of my lower leg. the lump is not painful and is still there 4 weeks later. I have had xray but am waiting results. Any idea what it could be?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
After an injury the development of a painless swelling near the muscles is because of a collection of blood as a result of the injury called as haematoma.The swelling will remain as such or may get infected. You need to get it drained surgically.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal