A 72 years old person has heart rate of 40, chest pain, difficulty in walking

72, male with tingling in my legs fatigue, heart rate in the 40's, difficulty walking. Cardiac cath 30%. ? Also had chest pain . Had an endoscopy yesterday per cardiologist orders which didn t turn up anything although physician doing endoscopy felt I needed to stay in hospital until heart rate was up, at time of procedure rate was 40. Still in 40 s when cardiologist wanted to discharge me. I have always done work around the house and neighborhood would just like other thoughts since cardiologist can t come up with anything. Here is a little more that is going on. I m his daughter and I will fill in a little more. Never has had any problems with his cardio or vascular systems until this all began. It seems like I have had to guide the cardiologist along on everything and we are not getting consistent answers. When I requested a second opinion, that is when he started to get into action and wanted to send my dad home without even knowing he was reliant now on a walker and had weakness in his left side. Does the doctor not check the nurse s notes, if not, why have doctor s? The cardiologist ordered the endoscopy for who knows what because he never has had GERD , heartburn, or anything associated with it. He finally ordered a CT scan and angiogram yesterday which both came back negative for blockage or bleeding. He still is very weak in the left side and cannot walk with a walker more than 10 feet. What else could possibly be causing this weakness?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009