97 year old, diagnosed as cancer in leg, advised skin grafting. Prognosis?

My 97 year old grandfather has been told he has cancer in his leg, which is presenting as a pus fill ulcer and very red. For months now his legs have become weaker requiring him to have a zimmer frame and can no longer leave the house. What is his prognosis? He was meant to go into hospital to have the cancer cut out and a skin graft put on from his shoulder, all under local anesthetic , I am worried about his survival and how far this could have spread.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012