92 year old, has experienced frequent fall. How can this be tackled?

My 92 year old mother has recently moved to a nursing home. She has fallen two or three times since moving and had a two week stay in the hospital for double pneumonia . Shortly after returning to the nursing home she fell which caused minor injuries they then moved her to a bed made of PVC pipe which is about two feet off the floor to keep her allegedly from falling. She has now fallen out of the PVC cot bed and I have asked that she be moved to a regular hospital with the necessary safety features rather than lye flat of her back in this little bed and they have refused. Can you advise me concerning matters of this nature. This is a brand new building with new equipment.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013