9 years child with headache. Why is it accompanied with high temperature?

My daughter 9 years, is experiencing strange symptons in her head for at least the past 2 years if not longer where noise and voices around her speed up in her head. It usually happens when she sits very quietly playing or when she s been doing a computer game or when she has a high temperature. She finds it extremely unpleasant and frightening and each episode last about 2-5minutes. I have to speak extra slow and try to stay still not to freak her out. Sometimes she gets a headache afterwards. Looking on the internet I ve noticed that others are experiencing similar symptons. I have been to the doctors in the past 2 years trying to get to the bottom of this but no one seems to have any ideas what causes this. Can you help?
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Thank you for this query. I would like to know whether during these episodes of headache, is your daughter able to respond to you/family members appropriately? Have you noticed any features like reduced eye blinking during these episodes? Based on information provided, my impression is she is suffering from partial seizures (simple or complex partial) after a complete review of symptoms. This can be alleviated by use of anticonvulsant medications like Sodium Valproate. Hence I would advise you for evaluation by a Neurologist, EEG & Brain imaging preferably MRI Brain for finding out underlying cause.
Good Luck