9 year old with jaw and ear pain. Ear infection confirmed. Not responding to pain medication. Thyroid problem?

My son, WM 9yo, has been complaining of an nagging jaw pain and ear ache. We have seen the pediatrician and she has confirmed no ear infection twice, the dentist confirmed of no cavity or TMJ, We have tried anti-biotics and and ibuprofen or Tylenol, the only relief is via Benedryl. The pain lasted fro 5 days and he was pain free for 2 weeks and he complained again this morning. My biggest concerns are any bone cancer, or Thyroid. He tends to get hoarse quickly since childhood.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013