9 year old having a blocked ear. No infection. Hearing test suggested. Has cough, blocked nose and itchy gums. Are these related?

Hi Dr, My daughter age 9 has ear blocked (left side) this morning. We went to the GP and found no problem with outer ear and middle ear (no infection).He said to wait for 2 weeks, it should be cleared.If not I should take her to hearing test . My daughter has been coughing and sometimes blocking nose for almost 2 months( winter season), but most of the time is coughing. What is the caused of this ear blocked? Is possible because of the mucus?However in the same times my daughter gum in left side is itchy? Is it related ear blocked and itchy gum? Or just coincident? Thank you Doctor
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012