9 year child having pain in biceps, swollen biceps, feels tired and depressed. What could be the problem?

Hello my 9 year old daughter is complaing of pain in her upper right arm outside edge of her bicep she though maybe a spider bit her but we do not see any marks, it looks like it may be slightly swollen, She is acting really tired, and down and depressed but she says she feels fine. Any ideas at all of any possible common issues in this area typically in a young child?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
I would always take it seriously when a child of this age complains of msk pain. there are many possibilities as to a cause for her pain. she should have a full medical history and physical, blood work and X-rays.