9 months pregnant, herpes, rashes on back, under breasts, reduced motion of baby. C-section delivery?

Hi My wife is in 9th month of pregnancy. Her due date is 3rd October. She contracted herpes last week. The rashes were on her back near spinal cord , and also below her breasts and were very painful. She has recovered from it, but this week the motions of the baby are reduced. Her doctor suggests not to take any risks and get it delivered through caesarian operation, fearing the herpes might have passed to the child leading to reduced movements. What should we do? I would prefer a normal delivery.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012