9 month old, watching TV through bars of playpen, strain on eyes. Family history of poor eyesight. How to prevent damage to eyes?

Dear sir, I have a query which I would like to pose to an eye specialist regarding my baby girl s vision . Which specialty do I need to select from the drop down menu above? Thank you Dr. XXXX. My 9 month old baby girl appears to have good vision. However her father has very weak vision and wears glasses since he was 11 years old. Of late my baby has begun to watch TV through the bars of her playpen. When I tried to do the same, it put strain on my eyes and I am concerned it might be the same case with her and thus damage her eye sight. Please help! Many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012