9 month old having hoarse voise. Have cough. Bumped his chin, blood came out. Is due to cough or bumped chin?

My son is about 9 months old. He woke up this morning a little under the weather, coughing a little bit. The afternoon, he learned a new trick: he stood up in his crib. Right as I got to him, he fell down and bumped his chin . He cried, there was just a little bit of blood coming out of his mouth. Since that, I noticed his voice was a little hoarse. I don t know if this is attributed to him perhaps a cold since he was under the weather or if maybe when it was from when he bumped his chin. I plan on going to the doctor tomorrow, he is doing fine otherwise, he is his normal playful energetic self. Just would like to know what might be going on.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012

As you have rightly said, the change in his voice could be both due the cold and also due to the injury to his chin.

He will be fine soon. There is absolutely no need to worry.

The blood which came out of his mouth is expected to occur due to the trauma.

Wishing him a quick recovery.

Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
more chances of having effect of cold

but still you get head scan toroule out any possibility of brain involved during fall
meanwhile strat syp oflox 50 mgm twice a day
syp allergra 1/2 tsf twice a dsay
syp piriton cs 1/2 tsf bd
for 3-5 days

General & Family Physician Dr. A.K.Pandey's  Response
the mild cough is due to weather, the blood may be due to trauma. such small children have great power of healing, so do not worry. it will resolve automatically within a day or two. steam inhalation can help, lukewarm water can give re leaf. if there is any visible trauma over chin ,betadine lotion can be painted only once.