88 year old, having history of falling, legs giving out, dementia. Needs a chiropractic adjustment?

My 88 year old mother has a history of falling. For over 30 years. She, in the past has had a lot of tests and they were never able to determine what was causing them. But those seem to have always had to do with being off balance. Twice in the past 2 days, she has fallen, but she says it is her legs giving out. She is coherent. She was able to take hold of my hand and me pull her up. She just seemed a bit shaky. My mother is one of the most stubborn people you will ever meet and she also has dementia . Her doctor retired a few years ago and she hates the new doctor who took his place. She refuses to go see him other than the once a year I drag her there for her refill prescription on her blood pressure medication . I guess my question is, how serious is this leg giving out thing? Could she just need a chiropractic adjustment or could it be something much more serious?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013