87 year old having pain while taking deep breath. Had a fall. taking codeine. Bruised muscle?

My Mother had a fall 4 days ago,she is 87.She has had pain in the lower left side and she can not take a deep breath.The pain is getting worse and she can not lie in bed so sleeps in a chair.She is taking codeine and paracetomol.A Dr saw her the day after her fall as a home visit and said it might be bruised muscle,but the pain is now much worse.She doesnt want to bother a Dr again but I am worried.Should she have it checked again?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013