85 years old. Diagnosed encephalomalacia. Histroy of brain damage. Recommendations?

My sister suffered severe brain damage at age 26 ( major car wreck, head crushed, lost one eye and has a steel plate in her head and in a coma for 3 and 1/2 months and was not supposed to live.) and now is 85 yrs old. Her Dr's report says there is a very large area of encephalomalacia occupying most of the left hemisphere in the distributions of the left ACA AND MCA. A smaller area of encephalomalacia is present within the superior right frontal lobe.

Healed right frontal craniotomy defect is present.

I am and have been caring for her for years, she is very high maintenance.

What does this all mean as for as brain damage?

Her memory is fair; however, her logic is very poor to non existent.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013