85 years and has balance issues. Tests show change in Pituitary gland size. Related?

my mother 85 has suddenly had imbalance issues and feels like her eyes are crossed . she has had the cat scan, blood work and now an mri . Doctor said all is clear! no sinus , no inner ear , noe eyes, not tia no tumors..but he noticed a change in the size of her pituitary glad from the mri of 5 years ago. Now he want a contrast mri and blood work to check the pitutary. He said an endocrinologist would be the next route and would probably give her some pill to take down what may be sudden swelling causing her walking like a drunk and seeing double, What do you think?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013