84 yrs old, lost appetite, weight loss, become forgetful and confused. What's wrong ?

Hi, My father is 84 yrs old. We just lost our mother in April. He has been doing fine except he s lost his appetite and losing weight. He has been growing a little forgetful for a few years which we attributed to his age. For the past few weeks he has become more forgetful and confused. He is even confused about what time of day it is. His hearing has become worse and he is sleepy all the time. I am really worried about him. Could someone tell me what could be wrong with him. He had a very minor accident a week before his symptoms started. He also takes a blood pressure medication , some blood thinners and aspirin all under a doctors care. He had a few heard attacks in the past. The last one was almost 20 years ago. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012