84 years old, signs of forgetfulness, forgetting to call back, take medication. Treatment?

My mom who is 84 yrs old is showing more and more signs of forgetfulness. She at least 2 times a week forgets to take her meds, and when she says she did I find 2 days where she hasnt taken her pills. I mention she forgot, and she gets very riled up and denies she forgets to take them. Should I talk to the social worker where she lives and see what can be done. She sat down stairs for 45 min waiting for a friend, and she forgot to call her back. Just things like this. leaves her walker downstairs. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012