80 years old, severe swallowing troubles, can eat puree'd food only. Treatment?

Hi - my husband has had P.D. for years and he has a good outlook on life. We still live in our family home with no relatives close by. I look after the inside and outside of our home. My husband has severe swallowing problems - he gets some pureed food and I try to puree other food to add interest to his diet . I am so tired and I am crying as I write this - sorry. We have very little social life so I feel sometimes at the end of my rope. XXXXX and I are both 80 and I am healthy.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Sometimes illness has just as a significant effect on the caregiver as on the ill individual.

You may want to speak to other members of your family to see if they can help you with your husband's care.
In addition you may want to contact any community groups or become involved in a group in your area for help and also for socialisation.

I hope this helps