80 years old, fell down, hurt ribs, difficulty breathing. History of Alzheimer's. Treatment?

My 80 year old dad who has Alzheimers fell last week and his ribs hurt when he pushed on them; however, he fell again yesterday and says it now hurts to breathe. My mother said you can t do anything if it is a broken rib. However, I feel we still need to take him to the doctor. He has been laying in his bed since 3pm today my mother says. But he does that more and more she says because of his Alzheimers. Shouldn t my mother take him to the doctor? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012