80 years old, fainting episodes, pacemaker to be installed. Surgery required?

Dear Dr. Grief, Thanks for being there. My wonderful Mother in Law XXXX has chosen not to have a Pacemaker installed as the surgeon did not give her a chance to answer the questions she had prepared, and even though she has fainted a few times, she is a very healthy 80 year old otherwise, and we are would like her to live many more years, she is so good hearted to all, and especially that we are worried for her husband to whom she has been married over 60 years, and her Grandchildren, we all love her so much, what can we do to encourage her to give another surgeon a chance?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012