80 years old. Hardness from hip to knee, abnormal heartbeat, dizziness. History of back problem and minor stroke. Advice

my mother-in-law is 80 but looks much younger and has always had
a very healthy life style and has always been active but now is having such trouble with her walking and is complaining that from her hip to her knee it is solid to the touch. She has an abnormal heart beat and also suffers dizziness. In the past she has had back problems and suffered a minor stroke. Is there anything we can do to improve her quality of life and she is so frustrated?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013