80 years. Going downhill after reversal of ileostomy. Electrocardiogram shows severe damage in heart by heart attack. Was on continuous monitoring heart. Reason for undiagnosing?

My 80 yr. old mother is currently in a hospital in Florida. She had a reversal of an ileostomy on 3/26/2013. She has been going downhill ever since the surgery. The surgeon, medical doctor, nephrologist, don't seem to be communicating with each other because we are getting conflicting info from each of them. The medical doctor called in a cardiologist after ordering an electrocardiogram and said the cardiologist had 24 hrs. To come and see my mom. Her heart at that time was pumping at 35 per cent. Anyway after 24 hrs. He still hadn't seen her. When he did show up he said she must have had a heart attack at some point and her heart is now severely damaged. This woman has been on a heart monitor since she arrived in the hospital 10 days ago. Why wouldn't the heart attack have shown up on it and why would a person with 35 percent heart function have to wait over 24 hrs for a cardiologist to show up?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013