8 yrs old vomited 6 times in a hour, has stomach pain. Is this a stomach bug ?

Hi, my son is 8 years old. He started feeling sick Friday evening, cover in sweat and stomach pain, then vomiting 6 times in a four hour period. Saturday morning he was feeling better, not more vomiting, he ate a soft diet and I though he was defenitely getting better. Today Sunday he was hungry and he was eating better but at nighttime he complained of stomach pain. He was crying because of the pain, then he felt to sleep all of the sudden he woke up vomiting a lot again. I m very confussed. Can this be a stomach bug? Please help
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012