8 years old suffering from frequent watery and very smelly stool,taking lactulose but not satisfied with the treatment

my 8yr old son is having a poo problem. its always watery n very smelly. it happens n he dosent even knws .it happens in his undies. he is very upset n when taken to the doctor he was given lactulose solution but still its a ongoing thing his not feeling well.please advise what else can b done. hi. my 8yr old son is having watery n very smelly poo every day. about 3-4 times in a day. it happens in the school n his very upset , he doesnt even knw when it happens. its been going on about 4months now. he also gets sore tummy sometimes. i took him to the doctor n we were told about the poo leakage n he was given lactulose solution to take it every day but still he is the same. theres on changes. please advise what can be done to stop this problem.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011