8 year old with reddish eyes and cheeks, fluctuating temperature. Should I be concerned?

My son is 8yrs. old, He has bloodshot eyes, a fluctuating temp. that goes from 98.6 to 102.3, Also his cheeks are bright red and splotchy. I think it's fifths disease, but am not sure. I haven't given him any Tylenol or other fever reducers. I am a firm believer and letting our bodies do the work. I am just not sure if this is something I need to be more concerned with or if it fits parvovirus b19. Please tell me what your professional opinion is!!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013