8 year old with fever, nasal discharge and fever. Taking advil. Have persisting nose bleed. Is it normal? Ear infection?

My 8 year old son has had a nigh fever (as high as 104) for the last 2 nights, coughing a lot, drippy nose , the fever has been manageable with kids advil bringing it down to 99.9 - 101. Today he had a nosebleed that tool 30 minutes to stop. How long is the fever going to last? Are the nosebleeds bad or acceptable for this situation? He went to the DR yesterday and they said he had a flu bug with right ear infection and prescribed amoxicilen.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013