8 year old having hot flashes, rapid breathing and neck soreness. Concerned about the chances of lymphoma

Hi. I have an 8 year old son, no medical history, who over the past 2-3 weeks has had a few brief episodes of hot flashes and rapid breathing with some subsequent soreness in his neck ...the vaguest of the symptom complex It has happened when lying down in bed to go to sleep and sometimes at night while asleep. As an active kid, he has not really mentioned anything during the day. I am a radiation oncologist and have first concerns of something like lymphoma .... I have examined him....... negative..... no palpable adenopathy. Normal BP . His heart is a little irregular, but unsure if just secondary to inspiratory/expiratory changes. No abdominal or flank masses. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013