8 year old cannot breath properly and has fast beating heart. Could this be related to heart problem ?

Concerned that my 8 year old my have a heart problem My 8 year old says she feels like she can t breath when she lies down and I noticed her heart is beating fast when she tells me this. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Thanks for query,
First you consult your doctor for physical examination and after exam.if he feels something abnormal in the heart then consult pediatric cardiologist.
ok and bye.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic,
there can be so many reasons why heart has to beat fast. its not always heart problem, so relax. but its wise to get her evaluated completely.