8 year old boy, pain in head, swollen eyes and eyebrow. Taking antibiotic. Cure for symptoms?

Hi my son is 8 I was at Yorkhill a week agog he got up early hours last wedensday morning with a pain in his head and in the morning his eye was swollen I took h to optition and then to a/e since we where at Yorkhill last sat morning they put him on an antibiotic today his eye is still the same and above his eyebrow is pretty swollen what should I do
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013

Thank you for your query.

Any antibiotic will take at least 24-48 hours to act and we need to be patient. Apart from antibiotic what else has been prescribed to your son? If an anti-inflammatory has bee prescribed well and good otherwise you may add one for some relief.

If there is no improvement in the next 24 hours or so then a review and appropriate investigations would be the next course of action.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal