8 weeks pregnant, low back pain, mild cramping. Is this normal?

I m 8 weeks pregnant today calculated from my last period , my hips and lower back feel like they are throbbing, its not really a pain more of an ache, I do have occaisional more intense throb, and mild cramping much less than what my period pains were, I also seem to have what looks lke a quite a defined high bump already (prob bloating but quite solid even tho I m a plus sized girl ) and have had people asking if I m anywhere from 4 to 6 months pregnant... is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012