8 weeks old puppy bites on finger. Can I get Rabies from this ?

My 8 weeks Old Puppy Bites my Finger (Mild Injury). Can I get RABIES from this? I have a very healthy and energetic German Spitz puppy (Name: Oscar) who is just 55 Days(8 Weeks) old. Today while playing with him I got a mild bite on my right middle finger. Its a very small and shallow injury (3 mm cut) and there was a very minor bleeding. I immediately washed my hand with an anti-septic liquid(soap) and applied BetadinĀ® (Providone Iodine) anti-septic cream on the cut. Oscar my puppy got his First Shot of NovibacĀ® Puppy DP vaccine (in India for fighting Canine Distemper & Parvo Virus) a week ago but never got any shot for Rabies yet(too young for anti rabies vaccination). He seems to be normal(playing. eating. drinking) so far. He NEVER got close to any other animal/pets so far and never even walked/exercised outside(garden/yard). Now I am little concerned about the Rabies thing. My questions are 1) Is there any possibilities I could get Rabies from this bite ? 2) Should I get myself Anti-Rabies shots (PEP) right away? or, I should observe my pup for another 10 days for any Rabies symptoms to appear and then opt for vaccination? Please suggest something. I am really worried.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013