8 stitches around the skin around right knuckle, painful. Why is it paining ?

About 6 weeks ago whilst washing up, i had a glass break and sliced my skin round my right knuckle. I had 8 butterfly stitches which i had to go and get replaced after three days and four days later removed what was left of the stiches. Since then my knuckle is protruding out of my hand and is very sore to touch. I banged it earlier and the pain was awful. It actually looks like i have arthritus but i no it isnt that? any free advice would be gratefully received. Thanks AAAAA.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013

I have studied your case.

There is possibility of torn internal ligaments inside leading to pain .
I will advise to take physiotherapy like USG,TENS and rom exercises.

If not relieved then further investigation like x ray need to be done .

Till time do exercises and take analgesics.
Take vit c and fresh fruits for early healing of tissues.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.