8 months pregnant, increased heart rate after eating breakfast. Causes for symptoms?

why does my heartrate go up after breakfast? iam also 8 month pregnant. it goes away after an hour and then oi fel fine the rest of a dday.the heartrate is then between 80-90 but my resting heartrate when not pregnant is around 50. So this is quite a diffrence for me and it feels like my heart is working extra hard after nreakfast
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Pregnancy itself demands increased work from the heart and hence the change.

More blood should flow to the stomach for digesting the food.
Increasing the rate (or volume per beat) is how that is achieved.

A rate of 50 at other times is rather slow.
It needs documentation and investigation
Proper assessment from a cardiologist is necessary to make sure, all is well.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck