8 month old having whitish discharge. What are the chances of infants having a yeast infection?

My 8 month old daughter seems to have a white, chunky discharge . (almost looks like leftover diaper rash cream, but we haven t put any on her in a while). Her pediatrician told me a while ago that it s unlikely for infants to have yeast infection because they don t have enough hormones to support the yeast infection (or something to that effect?). It doesn t seem to bother her, but then she is only 8 months old. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012