8 month old. Having fever 101.7, rashes all over body, diarrhea. Prescribed claritin, tylenol. Treatment?

my 8 month old baby has a fever of 101.7 for 3 days now, i can t get it lower than that for more than an hour. he got a rash on day 2 of fever, the rash looked like sunburn , skin very warm on rash spots, rash was around his neck , down his back and chest, behind his ears and started getting little pink dots down his belly and buttocks . he won t eat barely anything and will mainly only drink watered down juice, only drinks his formula a little bit during the night after his fever subsides for a bit. he has slight diarrhea and the whites of his eyes are bloodshot. he has a slight cough here and there and is beginning to sound hoarse and raspy when he cries. went to the dr yesterday and today and they said it was a virus, then they said an allergic reaction , then prescribed claritin and tylenol . told me to call them if he started coughing, so i called to tell him he s coughing and he called in ammoxicillian to pharmacy. i wasn t too pleased with my dr visits, they said his ears and throat looks fine. he sleeps most the day for the past couple of days and struggles to sleep through the night, tossing and turning. he is just miserable. he is more clumbsy also, i noticed last night as he tried to play when he was feeling a little better he was falling and losing his balance as he cruised the furniture, more than normal. i m not sure if i should bring him to the e.r. or wait another day or 2 and give him the anitbiotic
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013