8 month child, pneumonia, mucus, breathing difficulty, abnormal breathing sounds. Taken tylenol, antibiotics. Advise?

My 8 month old had a fever last weekend - it spiked at 39.4 but with tylenol it eventually went down and she started perking up.I went back to work and she went to daycare. By the end of that week (this Thursday) she had diarrhea (very pale yello and watery) and a cough and started seeming sick again. Friday morning she was so full of snot I took her into the shower to let the steam help her breath. She seemed a bit better and slept for another hour. She was "sucky" through the day but still wanting to play. Yesterday at 5am she woke up having a really hard time breathing and sounded full of mucus, finally at 7:30 I took her to the ER becasue I was afraid she had pneumonia. They tool me they thought it was just a virus she would have to ride out but they took x-rays anyway. Finally I got a call at home saying it was pneumonia. I got antibiotics and she started taking them but this morning she woke up so full of mucus she had a hard time breathing. She had breast milk but threw it up with a lot of mucus. I tried giving her really diluted apple juice in a dropper (she wouldn't take water alone) and it seemed to help a bit but her breathing sounds horrible and it is scaring me a bit. She tried to play but then cries becasue she can't breath right...should I got back to the hospital or ride it out?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013