78 year old moaning in pain without knowing. Is it due to COPD?

My 78 year old mother moans like she is in severe pain while she is napping in her recliner....she does not do it at night when sleeping in her bed....although she only sleeps in her bed gor about 3 hours at most....and then comes downstaires to her recliner...when I wake her she says she does not know why she does it and that she is not in is loud and very annoying....whats this something old people do? And is it a stage for the COPD?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013