77 years old, has asthma and heart problem. Had run short of breath. What to do?

Hi, My mom is 77years, and is suffering from Asthma, n had an attack of asthma a week ago, n was gasping for breath feeling week,swollen feet/leg, n then suddenly as she was talking she ran short of breath suddenly and could not breath at all then they rushed her to the hospital and she was given oxygen gas and then she felt better but she is still in hospital....what could it be and can she have this type of attack again and what are her chances of survial.
She also has heart problem and has a hole in the heart...but recently she was checked and her heart was fine.

Please tell me what to do i am very frightened coz if she gets an attack again then ....
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013