77 years. Persistant skin itching. No relief from any creams. Fatigue, sleeplessness. History of heart attack. Reason for itch?

I am a 77 year old male, weight 170lb 5ft 10ins tall. For a year or more I have suffered from skin itching. I have used emollient creams, and special shower creams, but all to no avail. I am also always tired and weary, and do not sleep well.
Sometime in the past maybe 30 years ago I have had a heart attack, but only diagnosed during a check for other reasons.
Might the itching caused from something that I eat, or from contact with fibres in clothes and upholstery etc. How can I check the source, when there are so many possibilities
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013