75yrs old. Had fever, gone to brain. Has BP and Diabetes. Chances of going to coma?

Sir, my father is 75 years old. For last two days he is having fever . Doc says it has gone into his brain. Doc says it may be a some kind of viral fever or malaria . Can it be cured now completely with antibiotics? If not, what are the complications and effects on brain. Is there any chance father going in coma? Father is slippng since afternoon today. Father is having high BP and diabetes . However, at present both are almost in control as per tests.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012