75 years. Sore throat, fever, green vomit. Histroy of atrial fibrillation. Advice

Good morning Dr. Bhatti: I know the medical world says you can't get sick from the elements, but last Tuesday I took my cousin to the heart hospital in her truck. I filled it with gasoline while she paid. It was rainy and cold here in Oklahom, and I got wet a VERY cold; it held $93. However, she has had a terrible cough for a month or so, so I don't know why, but I came down with a very sore throat to begin with (last Wednesday); had an appt for "well woman" on Friday and had her look at me in regards to this. At that time I didn't have a cough, but had low grade temp. Friday evening it was 100.7, which is the highest temp I've had. I developed a cough and have been spitting up greenish junk. I am 75, female, and have atrial fibrillation. A lot of decongestants affect my heart, so I'm leary of taking them, but don't feel well. She said to call her today if I started a temp or continued symptoms. We don't have an MD here, only PA's. I wish I could find an antibiotic or decongestant that didn't affect my heart. I have a script for Zyrtec (which helps) but just wondering if I need something else. Your advise is greatly appreciated. Lurene Cornelius, Prague, OK ps. Your name is very similar to the Cardiologist my husband had before he passed in 1985 (S. K. Bhatia).
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013