Thanks for asking.
What we are supposed to watch out AFTER a head injury
1. Altered sensorium(any change in the level consciousness)
2. Focal or generalized fits
3. Bleeding or Discharge from Ear or nose
5. Inability to use a body part say, weakness of a limb
6. Any visual problems, such as blurring of vision or double vision
7. New deafness in one or both ears.
8. Unusual breathing patterns
If any of the above mentioned symptoms are seen post-head trauma
, we shall have to suspect an internal bleeding
and seek Medical attention immediately.
As for your mother concerned, as you have mentioned she is doing well since there is no headache, doesn't feel dizzy, able to walk and responds to your questions.
Whatsoever, remember the points mentioned above and for bump on her head any Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID)like ibubrufen, can be given with T.RANITIDINE
150mg twice a day as the NSAID's may irritate stomach mucosa. Also topical ointment for the bruises with proper aseptic measures.