73 yr old unable to adjust with anyone, violent, hot tempered, family depressed. Suggestions?

our family is in depression because of my father. he is 73, mother passed away in 2010. my father does not like any body in this world. he cant adjust even 7 days with family members. he becomes violant because of small small problems. we are suffering since 2010. he is hot tempered, rigid, he writes all negative things of family members. please advise. we have tried all options like keep him with family, old age home, seperate rental house, relatives house but he could not adjust. The present situation is that every body wants to avoid him. Being a son, I cant leave him, please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012