70 yrs old has severe shivering along with some other symptoms. how we can help when it occurs ?

hi. My dad is in his 70s. Lately he has been getting recurrent urinary infections and we don t know why. On top of that now he has some infections in his mouth, and a couple of holes around the teeth. His left side mouth is swollen. Along with these situations comes something very odd and worrisome. He has these severe shivering spells that last about an hour and nothing we do helps to get him warmed up. After awhile he sweats it out like a normal fever but the shivering is more severe than normal. He has been on antibiotics for awhile but as soon as he goes off everything starts again. any ideas of what this is and how we can help when it occurs ? thanks
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011