70 years old, have intracerebal bleed to brain. Is there any chance of getting cured?

My father, 82 had a intracerebal bleed to brain, termed massive from doctor 8 days ago. We have given constant stimulation, talking, rubbing arms, etc. Food is nil by mouth. However, yesterday he opened eyes and seemed to stare at us particularly my 80 year old other. My brother and I would like to be realistic and although we are positive and after yesterday very pleased, is this a positive step forward? could you kindly give me further facts on your experience reference prognosis . Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013