70 year old with discolored knees. No pain. Any blood circulation problem?

Hi! I'm a 70 year old male. Noticed 3 days ago that both knees are discolored. Looks like blotchy red. First thought it was a rash or some type of alergic reaction. Than I thought it might be the beginning of gout which I had a few years ago. Looks like gout, but this does not hurt. Have a doctor checkup scheduled for Mon. Could this be the start of a blood circulation problem? Hard to tell, unless I was having a exam. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013