70 year old having vaginal bleeding. Normal biopsy report.Prescribed with provera. what are the side effects?

My mother is 70 years of age and is having vaginal bleeding . A biopsy has been done and found to be ok. She was prescribed Provera which from what I ve read, someone with high blood pressure (which she has) should not be on. She has only been on it for a few days and the bleeding has stopped but it has been prescribed for 6 months. Is there a better course of action that she could be doing rather than being on something with so many side effects? Are there any natural remedies that she could be trying.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013