70 year old, has loss of memory, ends up bed wetting. Sign of dementia?

My father in law, 70 yr old, very active and fit person residing in India. since a week of so he has been losing memory of day to day activities. just realised that he is bed wetting . we have admitted to the hospital. his blood pressure is normal. Still waiting for neurologist to give us diagnosis. Medical conditions: Cholesterol & diabetes is under control with medication from the last health check that was done few months ago. I hope this is not a sign of dementia . Could you kindly advise what other conditions could cause the same.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013